Chat GPT as well as other AI writing tools have taken the marketing and content creation world by storm. Although these tools can be super helpful, where do you draw the line? When does your voice get lost? Is AI giving accurate and up-to-date information? There are many things to consider when using AI to produce content for your business…
- AI allows people to write content easily which can be a big challenge for most SMBs.
- Using AI can save business money that you would have spent on a copywriter.
- Depending on what prompts you give many daily tasks can be automated by using this technology.
- AI can be a great idea generator! When you are stuck on creating content ideas or need a simple list created, AI can help you work through any writer’s block you may be experiencing.
- It is written by a computer that is looking at other data online as its resource. This can put you at risk of plagiarism and at the very least “creating” unoriginal content.
- How do we know the original data is correct? If you don’t have in-depth knowledge of the subject matter, do you just risk it and assume the AI output is correct? It is important to note that most AI content generators have disclaimers saying that they may not be completely accurate and up to date.
- Does it make sense for you and your industry? For example, in the digital marketing world technology is constantly changing and updating. If you are writing about new technologies or current events using AI might not be wise if you are wanting the most recent and up-to-date information.
- Most SEO professionals are unsure how this will happen, but the search engines claim they will be penalizing websites that use Chat GPT and other AI content.
What we recommend: Use AI tools to help craft what content to write about, to help draft content, and even grammar check your writing. Normally the issue businesses have is trying to figure out what to write about and AI tools can help make that easier by providing content ideas.
If you do decide to use AI writing tools to write content, make sure you customize it to your audience and users, add your open spin on a few points, read it carefully before posting, check all the facts, and make sure it matches your business voice.