Winning at social media is about more than who has the most followers. You also need to post content that motivates people to engage with you. When you maximize your engagement, social media is an extremely cost-effective form of marketing. Let’s look at some of the best ways to get more engagement from your Facebook posts.
Tips For Engaging Facebook Posts
- Identify the optimal post times. Depending on your audience, you may get better engagement by posting early in the day, in the middle of the afternoon or in the evening. Certain days of the week may be better as well. Track your results so you can find the ideal posting times.
- Choose topics that are outside the box. Don’t post on the same topics over and over again. Get creative. Come up with original perspectives on familiar topics. Choose a topic that’s related to your niche. For example, if you’re writing about food you might also cover locations and history relevant to a certain type of cuisine.
- Add visual content. An image makes any post more compelling. You’ll get better results from original photos, infographics and other custom visual content than stock photos. Remember, the whole point of posting visuals is to stand out.
- Analyze your most popular posts. Study your analytics and identify the posts that bring you the most engagement. These posts provide you with clues about what your audience prefers. Consider the topics, style, post length and other factors that produce the best results.
- Pay close attention to comments. Always respond to replies, questions and comments on your timeline. This encourages your followers to engage with you. If you don’t respond, on the other hand, people will not be inclined to comment again.
- Post content that’s specifically for Facebook. If you post the same content on every platform, people who follow you in multiple sites will get bored. You’re likely to get better engagement by tailoring your posts to each platform. Studies show, for example, that native Facebook videos get better results than videos from YouTube.
- Add a CTA to your posts. All of your posts should include a strong call-to-action. Whether you’re sending readers to your website, a landing page or a video, always give them a chance to view more of your content or join your sales funnel.
- Keep it short and sweet. Don’t expect your followers to read long essays. Get to the point and follow up with a CTA. If you want people to read longer posts or articles, put in a link to your blog or website.
- Give people an inside look at your business. Social media, by definition, should be a casual and friendly way to connect with your audience. Providing a glimpse of the inner workings of your business is a good way to forge a stronger connection. Facebook Stories is a good way to do this. Facebook Live video is another option.
- Ask questions and post polls. One simple way to get more responses is to ask for them. Polls and surveys are easy to post on Facebook. Or you can simply post questions asking people’s opinions on various topics.
These are some ways to encourage your Facebook followers to pay more attention to your posts and to engage with them. Very often, small tweaks such as posting at the right tie or adding a relevant image make all the difference.