Digital Summit is a conference that brings the community together in over 40 in-depth, digital marketing sessions, led by top experts in the marketing world. This live event is much more powerful when you go as a team, so our Moxie Digital crew hit the road to attend this information packed event. We learned so much at the 2-day conference and wanted to share a few of our key highlights and takeaways.
Here are the top 5 takeaways we gained at the Digital Summit, Tampa:
- Jenni said her favorite part was learning what is next for tracking and targeting now that Google is eliminating 3rd party cookies.
- Jesica said her favorite takeaway was learning that empathy is the new authenticity! Empathy content tips include:
- Design for mobile – 90% of your social media followers are on a mobile device.
- Design for accessibility – 2.2B people have visual issues.
- Jesica also enjoyed learning that “The only people using social media on a desktop are social media managers.” – Carmen Collins. Affirming that designing for mobile is key.
- Lauren said her favorite nugget and piece of advice was adding CTAs to “Thank You” pages to go ahead and request a specific time to chat through Calendly, or take another action.
- This next takeaway was a Moxie team favorite.
Jon Youshaei’s discussion on Beyoncé was most definitely a conference highlight for the Moxie Team. Jon talked about a method he likes to call “The Beyoncé Method” and how he uses “The 3 R’s of Relevance” (Research – Remix – Repackage). Here’s how it works.
At times we struggle with finding content that is relevant and engaging. So, the simple solution is do some “research”. What is working for other industry related businesses? Can you “remix” it into something usable for your brand? Following the trends and rewriting it to fit your brand provides a proven piece of content that’s works and is reformatted to your own brand. Some of us were familiar with the “copycat” claims on Beyoncé. Stating that some of her “never seen like this before” performances were complete replicas of past hit performances. Jon goes on to explain that these were not complete replicas but “remixes” of things that worked for other leading artists and repackaged to fit Beyoncé’s brand. Reiterating to not Copy and Paste. Copy with Taste!
Take a look at these amazing stats featured at the conference:
- Marketing spend is expected to grow by 14% in 2021
- 93% of online interactions start with search engines.
- Blogs in 2021 have increased by 65% compared to 2014.
- 53% of marketers say webinars generate the most high-quality leads.
- The brain processes images 60,000x faster than text.
- 57% of traffic on LinkedIn is mobile.
- For every $1 spent on email marketing, businesses receive on average a $42 ROI.
- 60% of B2B tech buyers in 2021 are millennials.
- 60% of smartphone users have contacted a business using the “click to call” option.
- 89% of marketers use blog posts in their content creation strategy.
- Instagram has the 2nd highest ROI among marketers.
- 89% of social media messages to brands go ignored.
- Including testimonials on a landing page increases page conversions by up to 34%.
- Threads on Twitter get 63% more impressions than single tweets.
- Paid search and social were the only channels to see positive growth during the pandemic.
- Personalized emails deliver 6x engagement than non-personalized.
- 93% of brands report new leads due to a video posted on their social media.
- Mobile ad spend is expected to surpass $240B by 2022.
- 85% of all Facebook videos are watched silently.
- Companies that A/B test every email see 37% higher returns.
Thank you to the amazing line-up of industry thought leaders and visionaries at Digital Summit 2021 for an amazing experience.