October is officially over which means it is Holiday Time!! It is proclaimed as the most wonderful time of the year…..We get to eat delicious meals and treats, spend time with our friends and family and stress out about holiday gifts. While this is a very busy time for Retailers and Ecommerce websites there is a lot to prepare when launching a Black Friday and Cyber Monday campaign. Below are 5 tips to ensure your holiday promotion are a success.
- Promotions/Offers – Prepare what your Holiday discounts and promotions are going to be. This should already be done by now, if you have not decided what your promotions are going to be, figure it out ASAP!
- Creatives – Draft all your marketing materials early so there is time to make edits.
- – Website Banners & Copy
- – Emails
- – Text & Display Ads
- – Social Media Posts
*Don’t forget to create multiple variations of the ads if you have time so you can test what ad copy performed best.
- Approval Process – If you are running a paid promotion with Google AdWords, Facebook or another paid search program, load all your ads/creative into the system a week before launch. There is generally an approval process and things can get backed up during this time of year. To ensure your campaign launches without problems get the approval process started early.
- Reporting Plan – What are the KPI’s and how are your tracking them? Make sure your entire team is on board to know what metrics are most important and how to track them.
- Execution Team – Make sure everyone knows who is responsible for what and all the roles are clearly defined.
- – Who is posting to social media?
- – Who is making sure the display ads are live?
- – Who is compiling the reports?
- – Who will be on call Thanksgiving weekend to make sure everything is running properly?
It is important to make memories and enjoy this special time of year. Having a plan now will help save a lot of headaches over the next few weeks and ensure your holiday campaigns are ready to go!
Have questions on what you need to do to launch your holiday campaigns? Contact Moxie Digital!