If you want your website to rank well in the search engines, you have to make sure it’s SEO friendly. There are many aspects to search engine optimization. While the rules of SEO have changed over the years, it’s just as important as ever that you take steps to ensure that Google and other search engines know that you exist.
SEO or search engine optimization is the art of getting your website ranked by the search engines. As long as Google ranks websites, there are certain factors that determine which sites appear at the top of the search results.
Tips to Improve SEO
- Make sure search engines can access your site. Sounds simple but a lot of websites make a simple mistake that blocks the search engines from accessing their site. Make sure your site isn’t blocking the search engines with a no index tag or robot.txt file.
- Publish Quality Content -The old adage that “content is king” is still relevant today! You should ensure that your site publishes quality content that’s relevant to your business services or product offerings. It’s also important to publish new content on a regular basis. Moxie Digital recommends new content at least once per week, to make sure the search engines come back to visit your site on a consistent basis.
- Monitor Your Site’s Speed -The time it takes for your pages to load is another factor that can affect SEO. You can check your site’s speed at PageSpeed Tools. If your site isn’t as fast as it could be, you should look for ways to speed it up. This includes getting rid of flash features, optimizing your images and reducing the number of plugins.
- Use Tools to Check Your Site’s SEO -There are tools that can make it easier to monitor your site’s SEO. One of these is Google Search Console. This ensures that Google is able to access your content. It also gives you valuable information, such as which queries provide you with the most traffic. You shouldn’t forget about other search engines, especially Bing. A Bing Webmaster Account can help you optimize your site for this important search engine.
- Make Sure Your Site is Mobile-Friendly -Google now uses mobile-friendliness as a factor for ranking sites. You can check this by using Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test. If your site is not currently mobile-friendly, you should consider using responsive web design, which makes your site accessible to people on all devices.
Making your site SEO friendly is an ongoing task. You have to continue uploading good content on a regular basis. You also have to keep up with the latest rules and algorithms used by the search engines. Whether you handle these tasks yourself or outsource them to a reputable SEO agency, you must optimize your site with the search engines if you want it to be successful. If you are interested in having Moxie Digital assist you with your SEO campaign contact us now!